Vishvarupa Mango Wood Statue
Vishvarupa (“Universal form”, “Omni-form”), also known popularly as Vishvarupa Darshan, Vishwaroopa and Virata rupa, is an iconographical form and theophany of the God Lord Vishnu or his 8th avatar Sri Krishna.
In the climactic war in the Mahabharata, the Pandava prince Arjuna and his brothers fight against their cousins, the Kauravas with Krishna as his charioteer. Faced with moral dilemma that whether or not to fight against and kill his own or for dharma (duty), Krishna discourses him about life and death and reveals his Vishvarupa as a theophany. In chapters 10 and 11, Krishna reveals himself as the Supreme Being and finally displays his Vishvarupa to Arjuna. Arjuna experiences the vision of the Vishvarupa with divine vision endowed to him by Krishna.
Vishvarupa has innumerable forms, eyes, faces, mouths and arms. All creatures of the universe are part of him. He is the infinite universe, without a beginning or an end. He contains peaceful as well as wrathful forms. Unable to bear the scale of the sight and gripped with fear, Arjuna requests Krishna to return to his four-armed Vishnu form, which he can bear to see. Fully encouraged by the teachings and darshan of Krishna in his full form, Arjuna continued the Mahabharata War.
SKU Code: -AWF50-Vishvarupa-UUXAN
Length: –Middle – 20 inches approx & Bottom – 18 inches approx
Width:- 13 inches approx.
Height: – 43.5 inches approx.
Price: – INR 2,52,000/- incl of GST
Stock: – 1 piece available
Shipping: – Can be shipped in 7-10 working days.
Terms and Conditions :-
- Natural marks and cracks are possible on the statue owing to the natural characteristics of the wood.
- Natural fissures, if any, in the statue are duly filled and polished. Fissure marks may be visible in the statue if observed very closely.
- These fissures or cracks, DO NOT indicate that the figure is broken or repaired. These develop due to the natural occurrence or tendency of the natural characteristics of the wood.
- Shipping and Packing charges are extra (charged as on actual basis).
- For international buyers, Customs is a government agency responsible for regulating shipments entering a country. All shipments being sent to and from a country must clear customs first. Merchandise exported into another country must clear customs and may incur a customs duty depending from country to country and has to be paid at the time of the delivery.
- Payments – Bank transfers or Bank Deposits. Kindly ask us for our bank details
- The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.