General Information: –
- Emerald is a gemstone and a variety of the mineral beryl colored green by trace amounts of chromium and sometimes vanadium.
- Emerald is regarded as the traditional birthstone for May as well as the traditional gemstone for the astrological signs of Taurus, Gemini, and sometimes Cancer.
- Colombia is by far the world’s largest producer of emeralds, constituting 50–95% of the world production and Zambia is the world’s second biggest producer, responsible for 20% of the world’s production of gem quality stones.
- The chief deity of India’s most famous temple, the Madurai Minakshiamman temple, is goddess Minakshi, whose idol is made of emerald, most likely carved out of a single emerald stone.
(source – en.wikipedia.org)
Gemstone Specifications :-
A stunning 11 lines natural Emerald Bead Necklace, completely hand strung in nylon threads. These have been individually selected and graded to give a stunning and exclusive appearance.
- Product SKU Code – Bead-Emerald-632
- Stone – Emerald – Beryl
- Metal – N.A.
- Price – On Request
- Color – Bright Light Green
- Weight (cts) – 632.40 cts approx
- Shape – Bead
- Cut Type- Bead
- Hardness – 9 on Mohs Hardness Scale
- Refractive Index (RI)- 7.5-8.0
- Specific Gravity (SG)- 2.60-2.90
- Transparency – Translucent
- Certification – Free lab certification from IGI, New Delhi (see sample image)
- Stock – Available
- Customization- Individual lines are also available. Can be custom made as per the length and weight required.
- Shipping – Can be shipped in 10-12 working days
Natural marks / inclusions / fissures may be present in the gemstone