Paper Mache Square Coaster Set
Paper Mache is a delicate decorative art, born in Persia, originally and brought to Kashmir by a Kashmiri Prince who spent years in a prison at Samarkand in Central Asia. The art was further encouraged by mogul emperors that came from Uzbekistan in Central Asia in the 15th and 16th century and ruled India for nearly 200-300 years. The mogul emperors traveled to Kashmir, a serene and beautiful valley with a lot of beauty to inspire. The surroundings harnessed the creativity and romance for this art and finally Paper Mache took its roots in the simple homes of these gentle people and thus— a new art form was born. Paper Mache became the folk art of Kashmir; passing down from father to son, from generation to generation. Paper Mache involves two main steps: ‘Sakhtsazi’ is the actual production of the item and ‘Naqashi’ is when the item is painted with any number of motifs.
This Kashmiri craft recycles waste paper into beautiful artifacts painted by expert craftsmen. The wonderfully vibrant hand painted motifs on the different types of items look illuminated as a result of the shiny varnish finish. Paper Mache (also spelled Papier Mache, Papier Machie) has a long and rich tradition in Kashmir, it is a delicate decorative art which shows the artistic zeal of a craftsman.
Motifs are most commonly nature oriented such as birds singing or flowers bursting forth in full bloom.
SKU Code: – PMSQCOASTERSXN1.5
Length: – Coasters -3.4 inches approx. Box-4.5 inches approx
Width:- Coasters -3.4 inches approx. Box 4.5 inches approx
Height: – Box -1.5 inches approx.
Coasters – 6 pcs with 1 Box
Weight: – 265 gms approx.
Original Price: – INR 2399/- e.a.
Sale Price : – INR 999.00/- e.a.
Stock: – 1 piece available in the particular color shown
Shipping: – Can be shipped in 2 days.
Terms and Conditions :-
- Minor differences in sizes are possible as these are made from re-cycle paper and handmade.
- Shipping, Insurance and Packing charges are extra (charged as on actual basis).
- For international buyers, Customs is a government agency responsible for regulating shipments entering a country. All shipments being sent to and from a country must clear customs first. Merchandise exported into another country must clear customs and may incur a customs duty depending from country to country and has to be paid at the time of the delivery.
- For International Buyers –
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
- Payments – Bank transfers or Bank Deposits. Kindly ask us for our bank details
- The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.