The Indian Kashmiri hand knotted silk carpets are world famous for their craftsmanship and softness. These carpets are labor intensive and in order to produce a good silk carpet, it can take almost a year to complete and sometimes even more than that. The process of creating a hand knotted silk carpet is lengthy and a lot of preparation has to be made by the craftsman before weaving the carpet. The yarn used determines the type of the carpet to be created. Woollen carpets are always created on a cotton base with woollen yarn. Silk yarn is sometimes used in woollen carpets as highlights on certain designs and motifs.
Most of the designs are influenced and inspired from the traditional Persian designs of Kirman, Kashan, Isfahan and many more, mainly because these carpets were brought into India by the Mughals in the 15th century who brought their weavers and established the art of carpet weaving here. Over a period of years although these designs have changed with the local cultural influence here in India with one of the most common motif being the “Tree of Life” or the “The Garden Of Paradise” which are inspired from the natural beauty of Kashmir. Some other designs comprise of historic themes and animals done in variety of colours mainly in the hues of red, blue and yellow.
The price on these silk carpets mainly depend on the knotting. The higher the knots, the more detailed and more expensive these become. However knotting doesn’t determine the life of the carpet.
The beauty of these Kashmir carpets are such that one can not only use them on the floors. One can even use these wall highlighters and paintings to enhance the ambience of one’s décor.
SKU Code: -GSSC-19-EXNN- Beige-yellow
Length: – 4 ft or 1.2 mt. approx.
Width:- 2.50 ft or 0.76 mt. approx.
Weight: – 3 kgs approx.
Material :- Silk
Color :- Beige-yellow, brown etc.
Price : – INR 31500.00/-
Stock: – 1 piece available
Care & Maintenance: – The beauty and life of your carpet depends on the care it receives. Proper cleaning will keep it looking great for its full lifetime, help improve your indoor air quality and keep your carpet intact. In case of mild stains one can always use mild detergents to wash the particular area hence seasonal dry cleaning will elongate the life of the carpets.
Shipping: – Can be shipped in 4-5 working days.
Terms and Conditions:-
- Shipping and Packing charges are extra (charged as on actual basis).
- For international buyers, Customs is a government agency responsible for regulating shipments entering a country. All shipments being sent to and from a country must clear customs first. Merchandise exported into another country must clear customs and may incur a customs duty depending from country to country and has to be paid at the time of the delivery.
- For any query kindly contact us.
- Payments – Bank transfers or Bank Deposits. Kindly ask us for our bank details
- The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.