7.2 inches NATURAL sandalwood Goddess Kali IDOL
Sandalwood is synonymous with great carvings and a great scent. The tree is used for thousands of years as a source for an exotic fragrance and as a raw material for expensive artworks, usually beautiful Buddha Statues and other religious items are made from this special wood.
Kali comes from the Sanskrit root word Kal which means time. There is nothing that escapes the all-consuming march of time. Kali is a goddess of death, but she brings the death of the ego as the illusory self-centered view of reality. Of all the forms of Devi, She is the most compassionate because she provides moksha or liberation to her children. She is the counterpart of Shiva the destroyer. A mature soul who engages in spiritual practice to remove the illusion of the ego sees Mother Kali as very sweet, affectionate, and overflowing with incomprehensible love for her children.
Maa Kali wears a garland of skulls and a skirt of dismembered arms because the ego arises out of identification with the body. In truth we are beings of spirit and not flesh. So liberation can only proceed when our attachment to the body ends. Thus the garland and skirt are trophies worn by her to symbolize having liberated her children from attachment to the limited body. She holds a sword and a freshly severed head dripping blood. As the story goes, this represents a great battle in which she destroyed the demon Raktabija. Her black skin represents the womb of the quantum unmanifest from which all of creation arises and into which all of creation will eventually dissolve. She is depicted as standing on Shiva who lays beneath her with white skin (in contrast to her black or sometimes dark blue skin). He has a blissful detached look. Shiva represents pure formless awareness sat-chit-ananda (being-consciousness-bliss) while she represents “form” eternally supported by the substratum of pure awareness.
(source – www.goddess.ws)
SKU Code: – SWFKALI-7.2-JXN
Length: – 3.5 inches or 9 cms approx.
Width:- 2 inches or 5 cms approx.
Height: – 7.2 inches or 18.5 cms approx.
Weight: – 160 gms approx.
Original Price: – INR 21000 /-
Sale Price : – INR 10500 /-
Stock: – 1 piece available
Shipping: – Can be shipped in 2 days.
Terms and Conditions :-
- Natural marks and cracks are possible on the statue owing to the natural characteristics of the sandalwood.
- Natural fissures, if any, in the statue are duly filled and polished. Fissure marks may be visible in the statue if observed very closely.
- These fissures or cracks, DO NOT indicate that the figure is broken or repaired. These develop due to the natural occurrence or tendency of the natural characteristics of the sandalwood.
- Shipping, Insurance and Packing charges are extra (charged as on actual basis).
- For international buyers, Customs is a government agency responsible for regulating shipments entering a country. All shipments being sent to and from a country must clear customs first. Merchandise exported into another country must clear customs and may incur a customs duty depending from country to country and has to be paid at the time of the delivery.
- For International Buyers –
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
- Payments – Bank transfers or Bank Deposits. Kindly ask us for our bank details
- The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.